Distrito Digital Virtual Bootcamp Blockchain and Fintech Accelerator
Comunitat Valenciana Digital District organizes on June 12 the Virtual Bootcamp Blockchain & Fintech Accelerator Alicante, which will bring together the most innovative projects of the main national and international finsurtech startups and prominent financial entities, including Bankia, BBVA, Sanitas, Banco Santander and Sparklab (Nationale Nederlanden Spain).
The Virtual Bootcamp, managed by the fintech company Nestholma, is the online version of the I Bootcamp Blockchain Fintech Accelerator @Alicante, which was postponed last March for security reasons due to Covid-19. Near 2,900 startups were analyzed and more than 1,500 were contacted. For the final phase, 20 startups have been selected, from countries such as the United Kingdom, Mexico, Sweden, Spain, Poland, Finland, Hungary, Lebanon, Ireland, Estonia, Bulgaria and Greece.
Startups represent the categories of most interest to participating financial institutions: practical blockchain applications for banks and insurers, financial education, smart contracts, well-being and accessibility, tokenization and traceability, international payments and commercial financing. The companies are: Yanda, Fjuul, Kippie, Libbo, Resident tax, Scanye, Family Finances, Asteria, Portunus, VOXO, Smartcom, Keystroke DNA, GetJenny, Ethical capital, Blocrecs, Oceanus, B2B Pay and Axend.
The Distrito Digital Virtual Bootcamp will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on June 12
Distrito Digital Virtual Bootcamp Schedule
- 9-9: 15 h- Opening
- 9: 15-10: 45h- Pitches of the startups
- 10: 45-11: 15h – Fireside chat with financial institutions
- 11: 15-11: 45h -Break + virtual networking
- 11: 45-12h- Pitches of financial institutions
- BBVA: David Martin de Nascimiento, External Ecosystem Manager at Open Innovation.
- Sanitas: Carmen Arranz de Miguel, Digital Transformation.
- Banco Santander Spain: Francisco Pérez-Pérez, Director of Innovation Strategy
- SparkLab (Nationale Nederlanden Spain): Albert Vidal Palma, Head of SparkLab, y Luis Martin Garcia, Design Strategist and Innovation enabler.
- 12-12: 30h- Closure + Networking